Broke my screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hrspwr, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Hrspwr macrumors newbie

So I'm coming back from a fantastic vacation with my Gf and I make my way into the security line. We all know that you have to take your computer out of your bag in order to put it threw the x ray. So I unzip my bag half way and out falls the 17"pro... I nearly screamed. Even the stone cold TSA agents were heartfelt for me. I ended up with a broken screen and some maring on the outside of the case. I have an apple protection plan, but I guess that is useless for this sort of thing. I wish apple had a plan for accidents. I would have bought it, because I use things to death and sometimes things happen. So I'm actually on an external monitor thats hooked up to the pro which you all have already figured out, everything else still works. THANK THE LORD! So I'm asking you what my next step should be. I want to replace the screen, but I don't know where has the best price vs quality. If it isn't extremely difficult I can fix the usual thing by myself with some instruction. Well guys, what do you all think?

P.S. Thanks for listening to the rant. I'm just pretty upset right now...

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I feel for you man...

No, Apple Care won't cover this

But there are some DIY guides online for replacing the screen
    Try ifixit.com first

Good luck
    :(

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Definitely shoot l.a rossman a PM.

He repairs 13 and 15.4" screens in NYC, and has been quite helpful about where to source QUALITY replacement parts.

4. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Sorry about your MB dude.:(

Furthermore, here is a thread from earlier.