Broken 3GS screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UserLain, Jul 17, 2009.

1. UserLain macrumors newbie

So i had an appointment for the genius bar today because i have a buzzing in my top speaker that i was going to try and get fixed. As luck would have it I dropped my phone soon after that cracking the bottom left of the screen. What I am wondering Is what are my chances of getting a new phone without paying the $199 repair price? Should i not even mention the screen and try to get them to replace it bases on the speaker buzzing?

2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I don't think they'll replace it for free for you, but some people have had REALLY nice geniuses and they get lucky.

Couldn't hurt to try.

3. dagomike macrumors 65816

You're still within 30 days, so they might take mercy on you. Go in with a good attitude maybe they'll cut you some slack.

Or they might think the drop caused both the crack and buzzing.

Good luck.

4. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

Which store are you taking it to? Willowbend or North Park? Willowbend tends to be a little nicer in my experience. I know all of the Genius' on a first name basis, so just go in with the right attitude and they should help you. If not, let me know and I'll help you out with getting the screen fixed. Thanks

5. UserLain thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm going to the one at willowbend. I hope I'm able to get it replaced. I have heard some success stories as far as broken screen replacement goes. So
    I'm hoping for the best. So would it be best to go in for the screen or the speaker buzz that i set the appointment up for originally?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member