Broken Apple Watch Screen

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Spamalot, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spamalot macrumors newbie

Spamalot

Hi there,

I have a broken glass screen on my Apple Watch (Nike S2). I actually have no idea how it happened, I went to bed one night and when I woke up the next day it had a perfect crack all around the curved side of the glass - almost as if it has swollen from the inside.

Either way Apple have refused to fix it. I've done the usual things like Google and search forums but I can't seem to find anyone who can fix them for a reasonable price in the UK.

Can anyone recommend anyone please? I would like to get it fixed ASAP.

Other than the glass front it works perfectly.

Thanks,

Eddie

2. mstanco macrumors newbie

mstanco

Buy apple care, wait a week or two, then smash the screen and take it in to apple to get a new one. Its the cheapest way. All third party places will replace it with a cheap screen that probably is no where near the qualities of apples.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Okay, first off thats insurance fraud. Second, the device is already broken. You can't get accidental warranty protection on a device that is already broken. They inspect the device before giving you AC+. What absolutely horrible advice.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 3, 2017 ---
    Why is Apple refusing the fix it? You should be able to pay the OOW fee to get it replaced. I don't know how much it is un the UK, but its roughly $229 in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.