Broken clicker/body

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by timmytitans, Feb 6, 2012.

1. timmytitans macrumors newbie

Hi

My macbook is about 3.5/4 years old and recently the clicker has begun to play up.

If to much pressure is applied to the body of the computer (around the clicker to the sides of the computer) then that can force the computer to think you have clicked the mouse. I hope that makes sense.

Sometimes it only needs the slightest of touches for it to happen, other times you need to press harder for it to do it.

Any ideas what is wrong and how much it will cost to fix?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Tim

2. MissKreeps macrumors newbie

mine does that aswell actually have you got cracks in the plastic on the faceplate as i do and it wasnt untill those cracks started getting worse due to prolonged use that the tracker pad started doing this to me
    iv also heard something about the battery swelling can cause it (was mentioned in a thread that i made about my mac book) but the faceplate is free to replace as far as im aware for up to 5 years and should fix the tracker pad

3. timmytitans thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that, just wanted an idea of what was wrong before I go to get it fixed.....how does a battery swell?!?!? :eek:

4. MissKreeps macrumors newbie

not a clue about the battery it was something that was suggested to me in my post about my macbook and i asked about the battery swelling to no reply but if i find out ill let you know.....
    but most likely is the face plate being cracked mines been like it for a good year now and the tracker pads has been gradually getting worse on it iv had full blocks of text wiped out cause iv been resting my wrists on the bit around the tracker pad and its highlighted what iv written as i type