Broken Drive?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DrathosX, Nov 11, 2008.

1. DrathosX macrumors newbie

Got tired of XP, so I got a Macbook Pro. Everything has worked great so far but yesterday I think I broke it. After watching a DVD, I ejected it and, in a moment of utter stupidity, kept my hand over the drive. With my hand over the Superdrive, the DVD barely came out. But now I have a problem: I can't insert DVDs.

Help! :(

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Is the DVD still in the MBP? Or did u get it out?

3. DrathosX thread starter macrumors newbie

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Dunno if this helps, but try restarting while holding down the mouse button below the trackpad.

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

ah. um does it just not let you push the dvd in or does it go up but doesnt grip?

6. DrathosX thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I push the DVD in but then it just pops back out (No system action takes place) Just pops out.

7. DrathosX thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried Restarting holding the mouse button. I have also done a Hardware test: Apparently there is nothing wrong with the drive.

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Have you tried what sammich said about the restart with the trackpad button pressed in?

If not then i dont honestly no. best to ring apple and see what they say.

Edit: beat me to it!

9. DrathosX thread starter macrumors newbie

So should I just take it to the Apple Store? Will they fix it or (hopefully) give a replacement?

10. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

if you have one near u it wont hurt i suppose. i doubt they would replace it though but never no :)

11. LedCop macrumors regular

LedCop

It pains me to say this, but the explanation that you give them will play a big part in the outcome.

In order words, be honest and confess that it may have been your fault will be received differently from "the drive just stopped taking discs in all of a sudden."

12. DrathosX thread starter macrumors newbie

... I really don't want to go to the Apple Store. Are you guys sure that I can't fix it in the comfort of my home? Thanks for your responses.