Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
my ultimate ears Superfi 4vi earphones are broken. Sound from the left earbud is in and out, depending on some odd orientation of the plug in the jack, maybe a loose connection or short where it goes into the plug.

My question is, I bought these at Apple, about 7 months ago. I can't find my receipt but I may still be able to find it. What are the chances I can get an exchange? with receipt, without receipt?

If your answer is slim to none--what replacement earbuds under $100 do you suggest?

CarlisleUnited

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Nederland
If you can find the receipt you should be able to take it back to the store where you bought it, I'm not sure you'll get a replacement but the least they should do is send it back to the manufacturer who will either fix it or send you a new one. That is if it you didn't damage it and it broke by itself.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
I didn't damage it or break it, well not until I tried to fix it myself and destroyed it. looks like I have to buy a new pair.

msevild

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Schaumburg
It is not Apple's responsibility to replace or send the headphones in to get fixed/replaced. The manufacturer is going to be the best contact at this point.

Xaverius

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
Well actualy yess they do! I bought earbuds from Senheiser and they broke down after a few months. Same problem like you one side works other side doesn't.

When i told the vendor why i bought the new headphones he said: "Well do you still have the bill?" i said: "Hmm i don't know, i will ring someone who can checks" But i didn't have it anymore.

Then he said, when you find it, come back because i can put that on guarantee for you so you get your money back/new aerbuds

So you just need too be lucky :D

(I bought them in an official apple dealer)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.