Broken glass, live in Norway, fix in USA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mkallevik, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Mkallevik macrumors member

I recently broke my glass on my 3g iphone and took it too my nearest provider. They told me it would cost around 500$.

However, i am traveling to New York in april and i was wondering if i could get it fixed there. I am only staying for 6 days.

What do you guys think?

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

You could try but I believe iPhones are only serviceable within the country they are originally purchased.

3. Mkallevik thread starter macrumors member

Ok, but if they would fix it for me, how long would it take? Could they do it in the Apple Store, or do they have to send it in?

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

They send it in and it's about $250 I think from teh Apple store. There are some third parties who claim to fix here in NY but I cannot attest to the quality of the glass not the service they provide. A new phone here is $299 with contract so unfortunately, it may be best just to buy a new phone.

5. Mkallevik thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I would buy a new phone, except i would have to do that in Norway and the contracts here are very expencive. And ofcourse i would have to pay for two contracts the next 6 months. That is around 200$ a month. Guess i just have to get it fixed in Norway.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Apple warranty service is only available in the country where the iPhone was purchased. If you want to void any remaining warranty, you could try a local repair shop while you are in the US.

Are you sure that Apple does not offer an "Out of Warranty" repair service in Norway?

Dave

7. Mkallevik thread starter macrumors member

I am pretty sure they don't. At least I have never heard of it.

8. Anthen27 macrumors newbie

3G screen repair

just go see my buddy ricardo when you are in New York......$119.99 and he will have you fixed like new in 40 minutes, he uses genuine apple replacement 3g glass/digitizer, you will not be able to tell it was ever repaired......His shop is called: "Just ipod repairs" phone number is: (646) 270-8189 his shop is located in Manhattan NY, on 8th avenue between 27th and 28th street, give him a call and tell him Anthony sent you he may even give you a discount........

9. Mkallevik thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much. I`l do that.