BROKEN home button & iPhone WON'T TURN ON!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tttiffany, May 9, 2011.

1. tttiffany macrumors newbie

tttiffany

So, I have an iPhone 4. A few weeks back my home button began to not function, then little by little it got worse and worse until it couldn't work any longer.

Luckily, I had my iPhone 4 already jailbroken, so I simply went in Cydia and got the SBSettings addon to close my app. Problem solved! Woo!

THEN, I lock my phone, just like I would lock my phone any other time! This time when I try to unlock it it wouldn't turn on.

Usually this could be a super simple easy fix with the holding down of the lock/unlock button, and the home button for a few seconds.

UNFORTUNATELY, my home button is BROKEN! So I cannot simply fix it like I would have before!

My question is:
    Is there any way you can reboot your iPhone/iPod touch without the use of the home button?

ALSO I SHOULD NOTE: iTunes does NOT read my iPhone! My computer doesn't either. I plug it in and NOTHING!

If you believe this is completely unfixable without a professional, then would it be safe to take my iPhone to Apple? I know jailbreaking is against their terms of service and whatnot, but how would they know until after they fix it, right? Just saying.

I could just ship it off and pay around 70 bucks to get the home button fixed, but I'd have to wait days for that. So any other suggestions would be nice!

Thank you SO MUCH for your time! Really.

2. tasminiphone macrumors newbie

same thing with me!

The home button has been broken for a few months now on my iPhone 4s, and I've been using the assisted touch to get home.
    I was on about 60% battery this morning, and when I went to check my phone, it wouldn't turn on at all.
    Have plugged it into my laptop and it's not showing as a device at all.
    Did you get any joy in the end?