broken home button THEN screen not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by USO32, Jun 13, 2010.

1. USO32 macrumors newbie

I got a jailbroken 1G iPod Touch with 2.2.1 firmware.
    Today the home button stopped working so i trawled the net & found that the mquick app was the way to go. I opened up cydia (which I hadn't used in a long time)& it told me that I would have to download some upgrades first, which I did...
    After resetting I went to open up cydia to find the mquick app, then my screen flicked off & hasn't come back on since.
    When I connect my ipod to the PC it still recognizes it & everything functions as normal apart from the fact I cant see anything on the ipod screen.
    I can't put it in DFU mode either because of broken home button.
    PLEASE HELP?!!

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Sorry, no idea. You could take it to apple. Itll probably take some cash, but i think itll be worth it.

3. Jam14 macrumors newbie

For the home button, take it out of it's case and hit it hard on the back a couple of times (no joke). Not so hard that it will break but hard enough. That worked for me. Then, for the screen, put it in recovery mode, that might work.

4. TheKnowledgeGuy macrumors member

TheKnowledgeGuy

Failfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailfailf

YDI for jailbreaking and using Cydia.

b.t.w. could've really been a virus

5. egorka macrumors newbie

I had a similar issue

If you need to, you can restore the ipod touch and then jailbreak it with Blackra1n.

That worked for me when I needed to repair my 1G touch with broken home button. DFU more is not required for Blackra1n.

Hope this helps!!!

6. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

Wow you are really helpful and knowledgable aren't you?
    There aren't really viruses for iOS devices FYI. Cydia has no adverse affects.

7. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

LOL

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Great post.