broken ibook keyboard help

Anarchy99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
i have a ibook g4 from my school and someone broke one of the 2 niblets for removing the keyboard i have it5 and found the spring but i dont know how to fix it ive see instructions for removing other keys nothing about those

and if you say tell the school that would work except they would not let me have it back there is a zero tolerance for breaking stuff

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Wow, reading that leaves me kind of breathless. It reminds me of Gertrude Stein's The Making of Americans.

Although Gertrude did manage to put in a little more punctuation!

Sorry, don't know what to do about your keyboard.

Comment

jkieffer72

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2003
I have a spare keyboard from a new iBook G4. The "p" key is overly sensitive; you barely touch it and you get a key press. (Apple replaced it with a new one and did not want the part back.) It works OK, but with the exception of the P key being hypersensitive. It's not obviously broken, so you might be able to get by with it. Can you get the old keyboard out to replace it?

JK

Comment

zyuzin4

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Eugene, OR
wow your school is messed up. I know my old school district had a 30 dollar insurance policy incase anything broke

Comment

Anarchy99

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
zyuzin4 said:
wow your school is messed up. I know my old school district had a 30 dollar insurance policy incase anything broke
ya well i wish it was like that here it is f*cked up

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.