Broken Ipad 2 (can't figure out what's wrong?)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ALostKid, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ALostKid, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

ALostKid macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I was tasked to fix a relative's Ipad 2, but I'm having a very hard time figuring out what's broken.

Originally, the screen was spiderwebbed and replaced. However, upon replacing the digitizer, he noticed it no longer would charge (though the ipad was working). So he decided to replace the power cable and wifi antenna (not quite sure why).

This is where it was handed to me (wouldn't turn on at this point). When I opened it up, I noticed the dock flex wasn't connected. When I connected it, began to charge the ipad, and pressed the power button, it displayed the critically low battery symbol. However, it didn't continue to charge and the symbol wouldn't show when I pressed the power button.

So I replaced the dock flex, and tried it again. Once again, the low battery symbol showed up, but I ran into the same problem.

To summarize, I have no idea why it's not turning on. If anyone could shed some light, that'd be amazing. Thank you.

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

Leave it charging for an hour before doing anything and see if that helps