Broken iPad Screen/ not Glass

Discussion in 'iPad' started by luram210, Oct 21, 2010.

1. luram210 macrumors newbie

So today i placed my ipad on top of the tire and put my baby in the car. forgot to get the ipad from atop of the back tire. i pulled out of the driveway and saw the ipad on the driveway. i completely ran over it. surprisingly the glass did not break just the screen inside and the back aluminum cover was dented a bit. does anyone know where i can get a screen for it and a back cover. ive searched plenty of places and they are about 180 installed for the screen and another 150 for the back cover. i think that is too expensive just wondering if wanyone else knows where i can find something

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you drove over it it will probably have lots of other damage inside, so I would suggest just buying a new one.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

As with cars and other electronic equipment, rebuilding piecemeal will always be more expensive relative to buying new, the more so when the damage is extensive. There aren't really any cheap alternatives.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

On top of the tire? This seems odd to me unless you have a very large SUV/Truck.

Anyway, buying new would be cheaper. See if there is anything like the iPhone water damage replacement option. You can get a new iPhone for $200, maybe that is something you can do with the iPad but for more cash.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

[​IMG]

Like mrkramer pointed out, their might be some internal damages that you don't know about, and with what repair shops charge for parts plus installation fees, it might just be cheaper to just pay Apple for an Out Of Warranty Repair (they just swap your iPad with a refurbish unit, just like they do with iPhones)

6. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

This story is the saddest thing I've heard all day. OP, Did you not want to kill yourself after you realized what you did?

7. poloponies macrumors 68030

To be clear, Apple's "Out of Warranty" service resolves problems that would have been covered under Apple's warranty but the warranty lapsed. It does not cover repairs that would not fall under the original warranty's scope. So liquid damage and physical damage are excluded.

"However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including liquid damage, catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications."

8. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Sometimes, things like this can't be avoided. that's why I got Accidental Damage Insurance. About $60 gets you a year of coverage. Search online for Safeware.