Broken iPhone 3GS. Help required

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JasonofSuburbia, Oct 12, 2011.

1. JasonofSuburbia macrumors newbie

I've broken my iPhone 3GS.

I have a few cracks on the back, but I'm not too concerned by those, the main problems are the fact that my screen is slightly cracked (has been for a while, but been working fine) but a week or so ago, I dropped my iPhone running for a bus (I had it out to change songs) and the screen it now white with coloured lines covering about 3/4's on the screen from left to right (<---- going that way)

It connects to my Macbook just fine, and does omit the connection sound when it's first connected

Is it at all possible that the white screen is just a software problem? If not, will a new screen fix my problem? If so, how much will a new screen, back, volume button and silent button cost in Great British Pounds?

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Better bet to just get a new phone entirely. There is no way that's a software problem and with the amount of parts you want to replace, it'd be more hassle than convenience for you.

3. JasonofSuburbia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats totally out of the question, I'm on contract you see and to get a new phone, I'd have to pay £360, which as a jobless, 18 year old student, I can't afford. I've been quoted £150 over the phone by Apple and Vodafone to get it fixed but I was wondering if I could get it done cheaper elsewhere.

It's just over a year old so it's just out of warranty. I have insurance through my mums bank, but we can't claim on it.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Your Iphone's LCD is damage during the drop. Just replace it. If you want tutorial, then search on Youtube, it is an easy fix. The cost for replacement LCD is around $15.00 in the US. I am not sure how much where you are located.

5. JasonofSuburbia thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't trust myself to do it :p There are a few little stalls in a market area in my town centre that fix iPhones and other phones, I assume they're capable of fixing it :D

Hope that's the problem :)

6. chris459 macrumors member