Broken iPhone and I need the pictures.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alisha2012amaya, May 22, 2013.

1. alisha2012amaya macrumors newbie

Hi i just have a question about my Iphone. I broke the phone and few months back and its smashed. in pieces. i cant plug it in or anything like that. I was just wondering if i am able to get the pictures off the phone? the information must still be on there. If i take it to the apple store are they able to fix the phone and still keep the old information? I really really really want those pictures there has to be a way.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Tell me more about what happened to the phone. Might be possible to repair it.

4. alisha2012amaya thread starter macrumors newbie

It was Thrown on the floor so the screen came off of the mother board. ( im not sure what you would call it so i said mother board haha) and the back came off so its in 3 pieces. the screen did not crack and the mother board is fine it just came disconnected from the screen i guess.

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

It may be possible to repair. You should check with local PC repair places.

6. alisha2012amaya thread starter macrumors newbie

thats great. its iphone 3g. so the sliver rim has come off too and has some wires still stuck to it

7. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Google search "iPhone repair [your city, state]" and call the local businesses that pull up in the results and consult with each. Get quotes, evaluate their competence and see if you find a service provider that can take a stab and repairing it. The goal isn't necessarily repairing it to use again but to repair it to the point where it can be connected to a computer and a backup made. Or at least pictures extracted.

8. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

As others have stated, getting it repaired is definitely a viable option.

If that doesn't work and the photos are very valuable to you then there are companies who will try and recover data from your phone, for a fee obviously. However, this is fairly expensive in the majority of cases. That said, it sounds like in your case that the data would have a good chance of being recovered.