Broken iPhone and I need the pictures.

alisha2012amaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
Hi i just have a question about my Iphone. I broke the phone and few months back and its smashed. in pieces. i cant plug it in or anything like that. I was just wondering if i am able to get the pictures off the phone? the information must still be on there. If i take it to the apple store are they able to fix the phone and still keep the old information? I really really really want those pictures there has to be a way.

alisha2012amaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
It was Thrown on the floor so the screen came off of the mother board. ( im not sure what you would call it so i said mother board haha) and the back came off so its in 3 pieces. the screen did not crack and the mother board is fine it just came disconnected from the screen i guess.

alisha2012amaya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
thats great. its iphone 3g. so the sliver rim has come off too and has some wires still stuck to it

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Google search "iPhone repair [your city, state]" and call the local businesses that pull up in the results and consult with each. Get quotes, evaluate their competence and see if you find a service provider that can take a stab and repairing it. The goal isn't necessarily repairing it to use again but to repair it to the point where it can be connected to a computer and a backup made. Or at least pictures extracted.

TheAppleSource

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
United Kingdom
As others have stated, getting it repaired is definitely a viable option.

If that doesn't work and the photos are very valuable to you then there are companies who will try and recover data from your phone, for a fee obviously. However, this is fairly expensive in the majority of cases. That said, it sounds like in your case that the data would have a good chance of being recovered.