Broken iPhone, Please Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dragonpunk, Jun 15, 2011.

1. dragonpunk macrumors newbie

Okay, so I'm not quite sure if this is the place to post this or not, but I'm really stressed out, so throw me a bone here! (tl;dr at bottom)

Details: A week ago, I dropped my iPhone while trying to put it into my new Otter case (Ironic, eh?) where the screen did not crack I heard an odd clicking noise come from it and when I picked it up the screen was fine for a few moments, started to flicker, and then the display is totally gone! In addition to that, the top portion of the phone (near the sim card and hearing piece, excuse my non technological analogies) it risen up a bit. it still chimes, rings, and vibrates, though.
    My iPhone is no more than 45 days old at maximum, and I've called every number Apple carries and the only help I've gotten is that I need to call my local Apple Store to which they replied, "There is nothing I can do with you over the phone, however, if you set an appointment with our Genius Bar, we will be glad to assist you.". My "nearest" Apple Store is an hour and a half away, and before I go off and waste gas money and a trip to a crowded mall, I want to know if they'll even fix it and for what price? Nothing's missing, the screen just won't work. The closest result I came to online was a glass replacement at $150 for my iPhone 3GS 8GB, and for that I can go get a brand-new Android phone. So, please, can anyone give me an idea of what this costs?

tl;dr My iPhone 3GS screen won't work, how much is it going to cost for a repair?

2. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

Probably 200 bucks, but if you're lucky they'll replace it for free. Seems they've been doing that a lot lately.

3. flipster macrumors 6502a

My friend dropped and shattered her 7 month old 3GS. Replaced it for free.

If there aren't any scratches on yours or any serious cosmesic damage, you'll most likely get a free one. Especially at 45 days.

4. dragonpunk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both for informing me; I made an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar, and I'll see where it goes from there. :)