Broken Iphone Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kikic4, May 20, 2010.

1. kikic4 macrumors newbie

I have the Iphone 3G and a while ago I dropped it andthe touch screen cracked. I replaced the screen and everything worked fine but a few weeks later it was dropped again...on carpet.

I can still receive phone calls and text messages but the touch screen does not work. It seems that my phone still works perfectly fine, there is just something wrong with the screen.

Is there anything I can do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Replace the screen.
    Or bring it to apple and pay them to do it.

3. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

I would open it up and unplug the # 2 connector then re-connect it and see if that solves the problem otherwise you will have to order a new digitizer and I dont know where you ordered it from but stay away from ebay and amazon

4. NETEFX.NET macrumors newbie

Broken iPhone Screen Solutions

For those looking for a solution to broken iPhones touch screens there are many vendors that sell OEM replacement touch screens also known as glass / digitizers and also provide replacement services with 1 year warranties.

If you decide to go the DIY route, make sure to order from a company that provides you a good return policy and will answer the phone when you call :D, as you might need some assistance / advice if attempting to do this. There are many YouTube videos on the procedure but there are many questions that might arise during the repair process.

If you decide to have the repair done professionally an OEM replacement for the iPhone 3G typically average about $80 parts and labor. Depending on where you live you might need to ship it in but you would have your iPhone back in 3 days.

No matter who you choose find someone you trust and can talk to before you make your decision. Good luck.