broken iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djsound, Jan 13, 2008.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

Hi there I am writting in regards to my brothers iphone. We think it is broken and we are hoping someone here can help. It is a week 47 phone. First off, we are in Canada. OTB is was 1.1.2 so we jailbroke it, updated etc. and he was using a PSS chip with Rogers. Since xmas the phone was working perfect but then the other day something went wrong with the sound and there is NO sound other then when the phone rings he can hear it and he can still talk on speaker phone. No other sounds work. No sounds from the ipod work or from the phone......no unlocking sounds..no typing sounds...........nothing. But the speaker phone sounds work and the ring .....so we are confused. We tried restoring to its original state and went through the whole process again but no luck...same thing.....We are thinking he is out of luck and might need to send it back but we bought our iphone on a trip to Arizona at Xmas and we live in Canada...SInce the iphones are not even available in Canada do you think that Apple will even fix it for him?..........anyways....suggestions please we are bit confused. thanks in advance.

edit --- we just tried to listen to the ipod of the phone and other things with the headphones on and everything works with headphones.....so we are thniking something came loose inside where is connects to the speakers maybe??

2. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

This is an audio bug, I had this with mine as well. Thing to do is to jack in and out the headphone several times, like 4 or 6 times.

This usually does the trick of giving you back sound...

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

simply... Amazing!!... that worked...i cant believe it. i love this forum... thanks a ton!

4. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

See I never had this issue with my iPhone at all.

While i will be making note of this i can't help but suggest that a hacktivated iPhone will have such glitchs after being hack updated.

Does it sound like a stupid idea to anyone to have hacks undermining the updater while it writes to the firmware environment.

5. philgilder macrumors 68000

this is nothing to do with hacking your iphone, sometimes it just doesn't remember if there are headphones in or not