Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I have recently obtained a broken Ipod mini as part of a trade for some bike parts. I now want to sell this. I was thinking about putting it on ebay but figured I would post here first.
It is a blue ipod mini
Comes with the charger, firewire cable, usb cable, and headphones (however the headphones are pretty busted up, but audio can still be heard).

The ipod itself powers on, but does not stay on for very long due to low battery power. It has approximately 350 songs on it. It also has the name of the owner engraved in the back.

If anyone is interested or has any questions..please let me know.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
CanadaRAM said:
The songs will have to be erased before offering it for sale.

Please use the Marketplace for posting forsale and feelers.

How come the songs would need to be erased??
Also...how much would I expect to recieve for this?
Thanks for the help

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
MattyMac said:
How come the songs would need to be erased??
Because, umm, unless you are the songwriter and recording artist, the songs are copyright by somebody else, and you do not have the right to give or sell a copy of them to someone else. Doesn't matter if the previous owner of the iPod violated copyright by including them to you when you bought it.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
CanadaRAM said:
Because, umm, unless you are the songwriter and recording artist, the songs are copyright by somebody else, and you do not have the right to give or sell a copy of them to someone else. Doesn't matter if the previous owner of the iPod violated copyright by including them to you when you bought it.

Okay Thanks...I understand...my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.