Broken Ipod touch 2nd generation, grayed out wifi and other problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by meany105, May 28, 2011.

1. meany105 macrumors newbie

I have a 2nd generation ipod touch 8gb (no-MC). it is in pristine condition and is roughly a year and a half old. around a month ago, i upgraded to ios 4.2.1 and jailbroke using greenpoison RC6. The ipod continued working perfectly until two days ago.
    It was a a hot day in the 80's and i fell asleep whilst streaming a podcast off of itunes. when i woke up the next day, the wifi on the ipod was grayed out and said "No Wifi" and i couldn't click on it to open up wifi

ALSO, there are a whole host of new problems.

when i press the upper volume button, it puts the ipod in sleep mode
    when i press the sleep/power button, it turns the volume down (and puts the ipod in sleep mode)
    itunes still recognizes the ipod as an 8gb model, but my computer now says that it has 14gb of space (but only 8gb is free)

the ipod has never been dropped more than 4 inches, this is the first problem i have had with it, there is NO water damage, i have restored the ipod 4 times, and reset all data on it an additional 2 times.

Attached Files:

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

When you restore did you set it as a new device?

3. meany105 thread starter macrumors newbie

the first time i restored it, i used a backup. But, the next couple of times i set it as a "new Device"