"Broken" iPod touch; BestBuy Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corndog5595, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

A while ago I broke an iPod touch that was under an extended warranty. To avoid a lengthy explenation, they basically gave me a new one for free + price of the new warranty.

Well, I just cracked the screen on my most recent one, which I've had for about 6 months. It still works, but the screen is deeply cracked; it's a third gen. Will they give me a new 4th gen right there in the store, or a refurbished 3rd gen?

2. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

If they don't have any of the other ones then you will get the new gen but if it cost more then what you paid you will get a gift card or pay the difference and get the new generation ipod. Oh and make sure your warrenty covers accidental damage. If not well they won't cover you. But my cousin broke his screen and they didn't want to replace it or anything so maybe they won't replace it.

3. Corndog5595 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

They are the same price, so I should get a new gen...right? I hope so, refurbished stuff is usually terrible for me.

Oh, and they'll replace it. It was extremely easy last time. All I had was the iPod, no packaging or headphones or anything. The two guys didn't even ask what had happened.

4. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

Well yeah you should get a new gen but if they have some of the other ones then well they will try to give you that one. But if they try to give you that one just ask if you could have the new gen ipod touch.Oh and best buy don't give refurbished stuff with their warranty so it's all new stuff.