Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aharris90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
Terre Haute, IN
Recently I dropped my iPod touch 5th generation on a tile floor. The screen immediately went to a black screen. There is a crack in the inner screen and you can see that it is on because the light shines through the crack. However, I just need to transfer the photos from my iPod to my computer. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

Any help?

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
If you attach it to your computer and run iTunes, be sure the iPod is "on", and look for it to connect in iTunes. From your computer you should be able to transfer your iPod contents without any interaction between you and the non-displaying iPod.

If it doesn't connect, your problems may be more serious than simply a dead display in the iPod Touch.

aharris90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2017
Terre Haute, IN
I tried running it through iTunes, but it told me that I need to hit the button on my iPod that said "trust this computer" but I can't really hit that button when the screen is black.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I tried running it through iTunes, but it told me that I need to hit the button on my iPod that said "trust this computer" but I can't really hit that button when the screen is black.

Then unfortunately you are out of options if the broken screen is restricting you. I'm not sure if there is a work around.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Even though the screen is black ... perhaps the touch panel is still working? Try several places on the screen to see if it works. It would be great if you had access to a working iPod Touch and could see where the button was placed, and if any other responses are necessary to get it authorized with your iTunes library.

Reactions: yochanan77
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.