Broken Key and Bracket: Where to buy a new one?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IndigoSensor, Aug 26, 2010.

  1. IndigoSensor macrumors newbie


    Aug 11, 2009
    Bozeman, MT
    Ok so I own a macbook pro unibody. My right hand command key has broken. Not the electronic part, the plastic key itself and the white bracket (if that is what it is called). The teeny tiny little holders that hold the bracket to the computer chipped one day (the top left corner) so it would easily fall out. Now the plastic clasper things under they key chipped so it won't snap back in at all.

    The question is, where can I go online to order these parts? Or do I have to go to a specialty store. I asked an apple store on my campus and they said to go talk to someone else, who told me to go back and talk to them.

  2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus


    Oct 13, 2007
    I got two off of eBay for cheap. This was for a pre-unibody MBP though. The keys look exactly the same and work very well. I bought from this seller.

Share This Page