Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flyer77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
I have a mid-2007 Macbook Pro (A1226). I accidentally spilt soup on it, and now the "z, x, c" keys no longer work. The apple store said I need a keyboard replacement. However, do you think that if I take apart the keyboard and clean it with rubbing alcohol, it will fix it? Or if not rubbing alcohol, what kind of solution could I use?

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I have a mid-2007 Macbook Pro (A1226). I accidentally spilt soup on it, and now the "z, x, c" keys no longer work. The apple store said I need a keyboard replacement. However, do you think that if I take apart the keyboard and clean it with rubbing alcohol, it will fix it? Or if not rubbing alcohol, what kind of solution could I use?

This happened to me with my mid-2007 MBP just two weeks ago when I spilt hot tea into the right hand side of the keyboard. Same thing: several keys wouldn't work.

I took it apart, made sure it was clean and dry but no luck!

In the end I replaced the keyboard myself for about £60 and counted my blessings that I hadn't fried the logic board.

Good luck with the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.