Broken Mac, Lion or just age?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghostyv8, Apr 21, 2012.

1. ghostyv8 macrumors newbie

hi there all sorry if i am in the wrong part of the forum i think i have found the correct part. I have a late 2009 macbook pro 15 inch running 8Gbram and lion. I have found an issue starting today that my screen seems to go black randomly or if moved on my lap. The screen goes black but the pointer remains i wait 30 seconds the screen goes off all together then goes back to my screen. I have been searching the net for the last few hours and found several things. but none seem to relate 100% to me. I have found that if when the screen goes black i tilt the whole back on 45degree angle it comes back on faster. This made me thing it was my screen that was broken but i am running xp on bootcamp and that works great. no screen turning off or anyting.
    i have rear about the random lion issue but if it was that why would tilting my entire mac help it. I was thinking that my HDD may be on the way out but after disc repairs ect all is good. this is just really stressing me out is that lion!.

i got lion the day it came out for digital download and i have installed and unistalled 5,6 times i found it made my mac slow to start with so i upgraded ram.

sorry to make this long winded just hope that my mac isnt on the way out and it is just lion. I was hoping on upgrading to a newer macbook pro soon but if this fault is hitting alot people like with the other problem i have where mail wont shut down.

is it worth reformatting and going back to orginal spec and not using lion. If so will mountain lion be any better

2. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Given the symptoms of your MacBook Pro, repeatedly displaying these flaws only on Lion (and not Windows XP), even after having attempted to reinstall- I would say that your safest bet would be to revert to Snow Leopard. First though, make sure you have updated your version of OS X by clicking on the apple icon in the upper left hand corner of your screen and selecting "Software Update". If an update is found that you may need, install it and see if it fixes your issue.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484 - OS X Lion 10.7.3 Client Combo Update

Good luck, hopefully an update will fix your issues. If you're uncomfortable with the idea of doing a clean install of Snow Leopard, you may want to wait around and see if other users have other alternative solutions for your problem.

I would not be concerned with OS X Mountain Lion at this point simply because it is only in developer beta stages, and will most certainly display some level of bugs or imperfections even if you do somehow manage to get ahold of it before it is released for the public.