Broken Mac Screen?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Callie03, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Callie03 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I got my Macbook in January of last year, and things were working (for the most part) fine until earlier today. Currently, I am writing this on my PC.

My screen won't work. It's completely black, and won't show me anything. It's not the brightness - it LITERALLY looks as though it is off. If I hit the volume buttons, I can hear the little noises it makes, and if I just hit the power button and then "enter", it turns off, so I know the display is there, I just can't see it. Even the little light on the front of the Mac (the one this is supposed to blink when it is in sleep mode) won't blink, and remains on when it is closed.

I am beyond frusterated! Can anyone out there help me? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Callie

2. kaybeee macrumors member

3. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

I would absolutely take it to the Apple Store and show them.

4. Matek macrumors 6502a

You might have missed the fact he bought the machine in January 2008, which means his warranty has expired (unless he got AppleCare), so there's no reason for Apple to replace his display.

Since you mention a problem with the sleep light, there might still be hope though. Perhaps your computer is configured to work with an external display (which would explain why it doesn't go to sleep with the lid closed), although it's a pretty far-fetched scenario. The booting process would still have to be displayed on the laptop screen, I suppose.

5. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

"Help Me AppleCare, you're my Only Hope..."

Best of luck. This is why you buy applecare on notebooks. period.