Broken Macbook LCD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by timtebow4life, Aug 13, 2008.

1. timtebow4life macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I managed to break my macbook 2.16 lcd by dropping an xbox 360 controller on it. My roommates loved the irony, but I didn't find it so amusing. I plan on buying a panel on ebay and installing it myself, but I wasn't sure if all macbook lcd's are compatible. I have replaced a Ti powerbook lcd before, so I think the macbook should be a breeze if I can get a display that works. Also, if anyone has a better idea than getting the panel on ebay, feel free to tell me. Thanks a lot for all the help.

FYI: the computer is a 2.16 GHz core 2 duo purchased september '07

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

Yep, they're not that bad, as I've replaced one. eBay is a good source for parts, just make sure you get the correct manufacture and part number of the LCD before you purchase one.

3. timtebow4life thread starter macrumors newbie

That's actually what I'm curious about. Are all macbook panels compatible or is there a difference with my 2.16 GHz C2duo and the newer Santa Rosa?

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

If you go into system prefs > displays > color tab >click on color LCD >then open the profile> scroll down to #13 and click on it, it'll tell you the manufacture etc

5. timtebow4life thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't see anything on the display bc it cracked on the top left and basically everything is messed up (below and to the right). I don't have the adapter for using an external display, either.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Did you not read the part about his screen being broken?

7. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Nope sorry just read the question