Broken Macbook screen :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by doubleheman, Jul 16, 2009.

1. doubleheman macrumors newbie

I have broken my Macbook screen it was either glasses cleaner (I use this to clean the screen) or I accidently flipped my Macbook over for no reason and I guess the force of when it flipped over back onto my bed might of caused it to. :( I'm really annoyed about this and it's not even my Macbook it's my friends. I am fine to pay $$$ to get this fixed as that is not really a problem for me tbh (When I get paid) but I was post up some photos and if you give me some advise on what it could be and how it could be fixed then I will be very pleased. (From the photos you will be able to see that the damage only appears when the laptop is switched on and when I touch the screen it does not feel cracked but if you look directly down on it then it looks like their is a separate layer, like from where the broken bit of the screen is and the working bit is.)

P.s I think it might be getting better and less noticeable or it might just be my mind playing tricks on myself lol

Thank you very much, Double (Trouble) :( Heman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pippinelle macrumors newbie

Broken macbook screen x2

This is weird cos I came on the forums to see if anyone else had had the same problem. I woke up yesterday, having left my macbook running iplayer while I went to sleep, and there was a jagged rip across the screen with the lower rh side filled with black/white and thin coloured lines. Much like the bottom edge of yr screen. My local applestore has sent it off but they told me apple would 'definitely' treat this as damage and not a fault, because the screen had 'snapped'. But it was sitting on my desk all night! I've only had it since feb and treated it very carefully, always carrying it in well padded courier-style laptop bag, kept it away from my 3-yr old.
    Anyone else had this happen to them?

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

That's what you get for pushing the display back too far.
    I would recommend taking it to the Genius Bar at the Apple store and see if they can just repair it instead of replacing it. It could be a simple fix, but you never know.

4. doubleheman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your help, I think that it might of been my sister who broke it :( I'm going to take it to the Apple Store and see if anything can be done but over the phone they told me it was going to be a expensive job to fix it. I have taken really good care of it to :(