Broken MagSafe .... refund?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KeithJ108, Nov 15, 2010.

1. KeithJ108 macrumors newbie

Hi,

My magsafe adapter broke today when the cable was pulled. The end split in two. The small part that goes into the laptop stayed attached to the macbook but the larger part of the end (with the charging light) came away with the cable.

Do you think I'd be able to get a refund? It was only bought in april I don't think it should have broken in that way so easily. I don't have a local apple store to go into easily... worth trying to get a refund or not?

Thanks,

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Call them up and see. Since it's user damage you probably won't get a refund, but at this point you have nothing to lose.

3. skorpien macrumors 68020

User damage? Isn't the magsafe designed to be used that way? As in, if somebody were to accidentally trip over the cord, rather than taking the entire computer with it, it just pops out?

I think Apple will replace it no problem. Especially since you just bought it in April. There's a one year warranty on Apple computers.

Call Apple up, see what they say. I would imagine they'll be willing to replace it.

4. gnychis macrumors 6502

i think it's worth giving it a try to have it replaced, seems like they would