Broken MBP Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by itb165, Jun 14, 2009.

1. itb165 macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro 15inch early 08 model with some cosmetic damage and a portion of the screen is cracked. Its out of warranty and I was wondering what is the best course of action to getting it repaired, and or selling it because i eventually want to purchase the new MBP. Im not looking to make all my money back, I'm just wondering what would be the smart thing to do next? Its the 2.4ghz 2gb of ram and a 160gb harddrive, Thanks in advanced people.

2. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

a service could be very expensive, you may be better off getting what you can for it and then saving a little while for the new mbp. Next time remember applecare!

3. itb165 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah ive realized that, I didn't have the extra money as im only 16 and had been saving up for what seemed like forever for this laptop. thanks for the advice sir.

4. itb165 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

buy a screen from ebay and install it yourself. the screens run usually under $300

or sell the thing on ebay and get a netbook

6. itb165 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha alright thanks guys, im just gonna buy a screen, fix it and sell it and get the new one. thanks again :)

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I doubt Apple Care would have covered this "cosmetic damage"

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

8. itb165 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah it wouldnt have, basically scratches and a dent or two. nothing to serious besides the cracked screen. picked one up from ebay for 179 gonna replace it myself and sell it.