Broken mic (returned and got new)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jlmitnick, Mar 12, 2011.

1. jlmitnick macrumors regular

So got the iPad 2 yesterday and when I got home I tried a facetime call and the person on the other end couldn't hear me. Figured I was doing something wrong or they were. Then later I tried Garageband and then it was clear that the mic was broken (you could VERY faintly hear the sound that the mic was picking up but it was 90% just static).

But, I brought it in today, the apple tech verified the problem, and then even though they were sold out he was able to somehow find me a fresh new ipad 2 of my model :) (32 gb black wifi)

I suspect this was just an isolated incident as I haven't seen anyone else on the internet saying anything...but might as well make the post anyway just to see if anyone else has any technical problems.

2. jhiner macrumors regular

The mic on my iPad 2 is causing a lot of popping and static when I use it for Facetime or Garageband - so I'll be exchanging mine as well.

3. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Good deal! I'm bout to test mine out just in case.

4. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Sorry to hear that your mic wasn't working but thanks for posting this!

I just checked out the cameras and mic on mine to make sure they're all working.

I remember when I got my iPhone 4, there was a speck of plastic or something under the lens and I had to get it replaced.