Broken NAS connection

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by myotis, Dec 12, 2007.

1. myotis macrumors member

I seem to have broken my NAS (QNap) connection (wireless link through Vigor Router) running latest Tiger on MacBook Pro.

It was working until I restarted the MBP, without ejecting the NAS. Now when I try and connect, the NAS shows up in the Finder, andwhen I choose connect, it gives me a dialog listing the shares on the NAS.

I can select the share I want (graham) then go to an authentication screen, and fill in password.

Then I get a message saying that the QNAP could not be opened because the original item cannot be found.

If I then choose fix alias, I get to to a finder window, that lets me expand the NAS tree, but Qnap is greyed out, and none of the shares are listed.

I'm very new to the Mac and would appreciate some help as to how I get the NAS conection back. I

I have obviously switched off the MBP and switched it back on again.

Many thanks,

Graham

2. myotis thread starter macrumors member

Further info

Asking for info on the QNap,

It says that it is an alias,

it is located at /network/nas

Server: nfs//automount%20-nsl%20%5B153]

The more info section has a spinning circle.

Graham

3. myotis thread starter macrumors member

I assume no one can help with this, but as I am back using my Thinkpad until I get this sorted, can anyone suggest where the best place to ask for help on this is might be.

Many thanks,

Graham

4. myotis thread starter macrumors member

Now working

Other than trying to connect ever hour or so, I haven't done anything, but miraculously, a few minutes ago I managed to get re-connected to the NAS.

All a bit worrying, but at least for now I seem to be back up and running.

Graham