Broken Part

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BryanElliott, Apr 11, 2014.

1. BryanElliott macrumors newbie

BryanElliott

I dropped a rather large crumb of sugar inside my notebook via the hinge and I decided than rather let the crumb cook and cause damage, I though I'd go in and fish for it myself. I wound up breaking something, causing a bigger problem. The scary part is that I don't know what I broke.

Right next to the HDD there is a large black plastic part that separates it from the Super Drive. It's got a wire under it that ripped off rather easily. What is it ?

Attached Files:

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

You should post what model you have, and maybe a picture that shows a larger portion of the mac. You can also go to Ifixit and see if you can identify the part in one of the teardowns.

It could be a data cable or an antenna... both rather bad :(

3. raptor402 macrumors 6502

Hi,

If I recall correctly, you just ripped out the subwoofer. I'm guessing that you have a 15" MBP. You can try fixing it by adding a very short piece of wire to bridge the gap. Or, you can just skip it all together.

Also, I'm not entirely sure but it's possible that the cable contains lines for both the right speaker and the subwoofer. If that's the case, you'll definitely want to try to fix that. But considering ease of manufacture, that's quite unlikely.

Best of luck!
    Raptor