broken phone... help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickk2000, Jun 16, 2018.

1. nickk2000 macrumors newbie

nickk2000

My screen is black (probably black screen of death) my home button is also broken. My phone isn't also connected to a computer. Is there a way to get out of this? the home button is broken and it's pretty easy to make it fall out of place.... is there a specific sweet spot this can work? or do I need to buy a new one...? Thanks! The power button does work but I can't access the phone at all. its a black piece of technology at this point.

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

I can't offer too much help, other than commiserating with you.

Which iPhone do you have?
    How long have you had it?
    Do you want to fix it?

I do have one suggestion --- take your iPhone to some place that fixes iPhones, even one of the kiosks at the mall.
    You may find out what needs to be done, and maybe have an idea how much it will cost to repair. You should be better able to decide if it is worth fixing, or dump it and find a replacement iPhone.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

4. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Yeah, time to replace----hopefully you are backed up somewhere to restore to new iPhone---

5. AndyMacAndMic, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018

AndyMacAndMic macrumors 6502a

AndyMacAndMic

I don't know what kind of answers you expect, but logically you would take the following steps:
    - Bring it to a repair shop or Apple store (in case of an iPhone) and ask if it can be repaired and how much it costs.
    - If it can't be repaired or the repair is to costly: buy another (new or refurbished) phone.

(Assuming your phone is out of warranty of course, otherwise the answer would be simpler).

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Buy a new phone. It isn't worth your time messing with a broken down phone like the one you have.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple