Broken Phone, iPhone 4 is Looking Good, Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KidZgOtMac, Jul 29, 2011.

1. KidZgOtMac macrumors regular

KidZgOtMac

So a few days ago my Sidekick 4G's LCD screen glass had an accident and shattered. I can't find anywhere online that sells a replacement glass. I can't use my phone, so I was thinking of getting a new phone. Maybe an unlocked iPhone 4, or should I just buy another T-Mo phone like the HTC Sensation or G2X? I really want an iPhone and I understand I will only be able to use Edge data but I can always use WiFi. Advice please? I know the iPhone 5 is about to come out but I really can't go without a phone & why not acquire one with high resale value which I can sell afterwards to complete for the iPhone 5?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you can't wait and it's worth it to you well then go for it! it's really up to you! I'm sure you have fallowed the rumors etc. personally I wouldn't do it at this point. i'd probably buy a phone of craigs till the i5 comes out. you know what your want's needs and budget are.

3. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

Maybe you should ask a friend or relative that may have a T-Mo phone that you could use or buy some cheap phone in ebay. If rumors are true the next iPhone could be equipped with T-Mobile 3G bands and/or unlocked.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Get an iPhone 2G and use that. :) You can get them for like ~$100. No data plan so it'd be easier on your wallet. You could just use wifi wherever you go, like you said.

5. vtran macrumors member

I use to use a T-Mobile G2 and I was happy for a couple months but then I started to hate it because the battery life on was horrible and I always wanted an iPhone but I didn't want to have edge speeds. I even paid $500 because my plan only allows me to purchase off contract phones. I just switched to a iPhone 4 about a month ago and I purchased it used but it was in perfect condition. Needless to say, I'm so glad I did. It is a much better choice than my G2 in a lot of ways (which is basically a paper weight now). The edge speeds aren't as bad as people say but thats if you only need it for e-mails and quick surfing (perfect for me) then it should be fine. I would say if you really want an iPhone you should wait because as you know 649+ for a brand new iphone 4 unlocked is a lot of money for something that will be updated within the next 2 months. However, if you're like me and you aren't really looking forward for the next generation iPhone then I'd say go to craiglist and search for an iphone or just go for the unlock purchase.

Good luck!