Broken Power Button(Need help ASAP)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hcbapple, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Hcbapple macrumors newbie

I kind of have a few issues going on right now. I have a white iPhone 5 and recently I realized I have to press my power button multiple times for it to work. Then I did a little reading and found how this problem is happening to alot of people. It's all the same, it usually works better when pressing on the left side of it. My button stopped working while I had a purple and green speck case on it. Then I told my parents about it and they said that's its pointless to replace my phone, even though we have apple care and stuff. My family is convinced that the problem is from me dropping it all of the time, but I have only dropped my phone a few times and it wasn't bad at all. I think it's the case that caused the problem, and I need my family to think that bc it's a real inconvenience having my power button only work half the time. So can someone help me prove that it's not my fault this happened then maybe they would let me get my phone replaced? Also would it be free to replace it? PS I got it last Christmas

2. rxllrn macrumors member

Go to the Apple Store they should replace it no questions asked.

3. Hcbapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Would they replace it for free?

4. rxllrn macrumors member

Yes. I've had this happen to me but with my home button.

5. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Being less than a year old it should be free. They will ask you to demonstrate the problem.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

If it's either the case or the drops [by your own diagnosis] you should expect to pay as neither of those are manufacturing defects.