Broken Powerbeats Wireless 2

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ergates-thi-Ant, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Ergates-thi-Ant macrumors 6502

My wireless headphones broke recently, and Apple chose to call it accidental damage. I'm not satisfied with this. Is this reasonable? I see other instances of people with broken Powerbeats 2 on the internet, and I think it's a design flaw. Would you think it's reasonable of me to go to small claims court over this?

They broke when I pulled them out of my ear when I got home from work. No force was involved, and it seems obvious to me this is a flawed design. A new set of Powerbeats 2 costs £169.95 - Apple suggested I should pay them £196 for the repair (which was basically just replacing mine). They also then wouldn't return my broken pair. I think this shows considerable bad faith.

Attached Files:

2. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Strange; I have stepped on mine several times after dropping them out of the car and nothing happened then. Is there another time when it could have been under strain?

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Looking at reviews on Apple's website it seems others have had your experience. If you can't go through consumer law then it may be worth going through small claims.

My second recommendation would be to avoid Beats headphones.

4. Ergates-thi-Ant thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! Yes, I have a feeling it's not me, but the design and implementation. I really didn't want to buy beats, but I wanted some bluetooth headphones like these. Bose not making something similar pushed me into a bad decision that I now thoroughly regret.

5. windnsea26 macrumors member

Sorry for reviving an old post but I just went to workout this morning and notice my headphones look exactly the same as yours. I chatted online with an ATT rep since that's where I bought them and said to take them up with the manufacturer.

OP, did you ever get your headphones fixed? If anyone else had this happen, did you get them fixed or replaced?

6. Ergates-thi-Ant thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I did nothing in the end. I was planning to take Apple to small claims court, but ran out of energy due to a stressful period in my life. Now I have some quality Bose wireless headphones instead. I'll never buy Beats again.