Broken screen - any idea what's wrong?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adpeace, Dec 15, 2013.

1. adpeace macrumors newbie

I wondered if anyone might be able to help suggest what is causing this problem with my laptop's screen (logic board? LCD itself, etc?). It's been stored for a while since I upgraded last year, but I was going to pass this older one on to family and found this when I booted it up (the blue part of the screen). As you can see I booted into the Snow Leopard installer and have also tried a screenshot in the OS on the internal drive to make sure it's not a software problem (the screenshot didn't have the blue tinge).

I have tried taking it apart and couldn't see any obvious problems with the display connecter, etc.

The model is a 2006 Core 2 Duo 15" MBP with ATI graphics, not the nVidia model that replaced it (which is known for problems).

Attached Files:

2. adpeace thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I think my problem is different to that discussion. It is true that the backlight isn't perfectly even but that model has a CFL backlight and it is pretty old now (7 years or so). The main problem seems to be the blue coloration on the left-hand side of the screen.

Thanks,
    Andy.