Broken Screen iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by miinzp, Sep 11, 2013.

1. miinzp, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013

miinzp macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 cracked the screen (second time). At first I bought a screen that included the glass and lcd with touch digitizer that was about $19 and it worked perfectly. But looking back I saw that some vendors sell only the glass, which is much cheaper. The question is: If I buy only the glass I'll be able to change it normally or need to buy a complete piece (glass + lcd +digitizer)?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[1] Glass+lcd+digitizer: http://bit.ly/18d5Wfd
    [2] Only glass: http://bit.ly/19IRskA

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You need the complete set.
    They are fuzed together and nearly impossible to separate just the glass from the rest.

3. nilzi macrumors regular

If you are not a professional repair man, it is not easy to replace the Glass lens only.

4. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

We highly recommend against glass only repairs. With the iPhone 4, the LCD and the digitizer glass are fused together with an optical adhesive during manufacturing. This makes it impossible to separate the glass and LCD without damaging or scratching the LCD. Even if you do get them separated, you would have to refuse the LCD to the new digitizer.

In short, just buy the full assembly.

5. miinzp thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Shevys macrumors newbie

Can you remove Glass lens with machine?

True that it is not easy to replace the glass lens only. I am not sure how you remove the glass? Are you using any machine?

Recently there are hot plate that is being in the market called "LCD Separator Machine". It becomes so popular because it makes easier to remove the glass from the iphone. This machine is suitable for iPhone, Samsung, HTC, etc. Machine is used to separate touch screen or cover lens from LCD without damaging the LCD.

For more information , you can check out the link below and click on "LCD Separator"

I would like to your advice and feedback on this newest flagship LCD Separator

7. nilzi macrumors regular

I havn't used the machine to replace the glass only for the handsets, oftenly I replace the whole screen assembly. The "LCD Separator Machine" is very expensive, I can't afford it.