Broken Screen, Want to install Vista

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TheRiseofTheFal, Sep 11, 2008.

1. TheRiseofTheFal macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

Now please dont laugh as I go through my series of mishaps...First as I got back to my dorm in the spring my macbook fell out of my backpack screen spiderwebbed, got a macbook air no big deal, i now use the macbook as a "desktop" attached to a 37 inch vizio, running os x is no big deal through it. I foolishly bought the direct download version of spore which only works in windows, I want to boot camp my macbook but as I cant see the walkthrough screens I was wondering if there was any way to get the computer to detect the monitor so I could see what i was doing...any suggestions??

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Well, you could try to send EA support an email regarding your mispurchase. They might either refund your money or send you a boxed version for the price difference. I have worked with them for replacement of faulty Rock Band controllers, and they seemed helpful. And that way, you don't have to install Windows. Besides, for one game, it would be more price efficient to sell the download copy to a friend and purchase the boxed version, rather than spend over $100 on Windows. Unless of course, you need Windows, in which case I say go get it because its really not as bad as people call it. I have worked with 2000 extensively, XP extensively, and Vista for a few months, and with SP1 it's not bad on a decent specced computer.

That being said, I don't know how to do what you want because I do not own a laptop. You could also look into a replacement screen from ifixit.com and installing it yourself in order to regain that lost screen.