Resolved Broken Wacom Tablet

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by 12dylan34, May 29, 2012.

1. 12dylan34, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012

12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone,

I have a broken (in a way that the warranty would cover) Wacom tablet that is less than 1 year old. Wacom's website says that in order for the warranty to be in effect, I would have had to have registered it within 30 days after purchase, which I'm fairly certain I didn't do.

Is there anything that I can do, or am I out of luck?

How likely are they to give into the circumstances if I describe them?

Alternatively, if anyone knows how to fix it, that would be even better. I essentially just plugged it in today and the light on the tablet didn't turn on and it just didn't work. I pushed some buttons on the tablet and the "Bamboo Dock" software launched on my computer, but the tablet was still unusable. It's a Bamboo Capture, model number CTH470.

Thanks

2. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Basic question. Have you tried a different USB port (not through a hub) and different lead? It's worth a try.

3. 12dylan34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I tried that, but to no success. I tried another computer too, but nothing. I'll send an email to Wacom to see if they can do anything for me.

Thanks for the reply though.

----------

After digging through my cable drawer, I found another one to use, which seemed to resolve the problem. I have no idea why the current one would have stopped working, since it was just sitting there, but whatever.

4. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

it doesn't matter about what the website says, if you have your original receipts for proof of purchase then it's covered.