Brother HL-2700CN printer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vansouza, Nov 12, 2007.

1. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Anyone having issues with this printer after upgrading to Leopard; and if not what did you do. My printer output is blurry after the upgrade. Printer prints fine from WinXP, makes me gag to say that. I deleted the printer and all the drivers and reinstalled from the Leopard DVD, no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Van

2. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Ok

Having a wonderful conversation with myself... It must be the brother drivers; I will just have to wait for either Apple or Brother to come out with drivers that work with Leopard. Poop.:mad:

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I have an HL2070N laser that is working fine. I actually had problems with Tiger, and ended up using an HP Cups driver. When I plugged in the printer after my Leopard upgrade it installed with the Brother printer drivers. Is yours a laser printer as well?

4. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Yes

a color laser, I think I just fixed it... I used AppleTalk what ever that is and the print is now perfect

5. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Ok

After a few fits and starts, I deleted the printer and created an new one with generic post script drivers... working fine now...

6. ChrisMcD macrumors newbie

New solution

You can get round this problem by using the generic printer drivers. But, the Brother US site has a faq that recommends selecting 'in printer' from the 'color matching' drop down in the print selection settups - and remember to 'use last settings' as well.

Works for me!

7. vansouza thread starter macrumors 68000

vansouza

Please, where exactly is "in printer" to be found, I can not find it in my HL2700N drop down window. Thanks...

8. ChrisMcD macrumors newbie

It is in the print selection dialogue box - not the printer set up at all!

When you print a page the detailed set up window has a number of drop downs. The lowest has 'colour matching' as one of the headings. Then choose 'in printer' and tell it to repeat 'last used settings' in the preset drop down.