Brother HL2270DW Web Print Footer/Header Cropped

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by YaddaMinski, Dec 25, 2012.

1. YaddaMinski macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently bought a HL-2270DW after rave reviews and like except for web browser printing (both Safari and Firefox on Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8) where the header and footer right and left values are cropped since they extend past the printable area of the physical printer.

I see no way to adjust the printable area and assume the printer driver should handle that. Here are the printer settings:

Brother HL-2270DW series:

Print Server: Local
    Driver Version: 4.5.0
    Default: Yes
    Shared: No
    URI: dnssd://Brother%20HL-2270DW%20series._pdl-datastream._tcp.local./?bidi
    PPD: Brother HL-2270DW series CUPS
    PPD File Version: 4.5.0
    PostScript Version: (3010.106) 3
    CUPS Version: 1.6svn (cups-327)
    Scanning support: No
    Printer Commands: ReportLevels PrintSelfTestPage PJLBidirectional PJLWrite PJLRead
    CUPS filters:
    rastertobrother2130:
    Path: /Library/Printers/Brother/Filter/rastertobrother2130.bundle/Contents/MacOS/rastertobrother2130
    Permissions: rwxr-xr-x
    Version: 4.1.0
    commandtobrother:
    Path: /Library/Printers/Brother/Filter/commandtobrother.bundle/Contents/MacOS/commandtobrother
    Permissions: rwxr-xr-x
    Version: 4.2.1
    Fax support: No
    Printer utility: /Library/Printers/Brother/Utilities/BrStatusMonitor.app
    Printer utility version: 3.8.2
    PDEs:
    BRMLQuality.bundle:
    Sandbox compliant: Yes​

2. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

Have you tried exploring the Page Setup dialog? There's usually a place to set non-printable area there, although I've never had it set incorrectly by default for me.

PS - Since I'm feeling extra nice today, I'll even direct you to the part of the manual that tells you what the non-printable areas are: http://welcome.solutions.brother.co...=eu&c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&Cat=101 (It's from the European support site, but I checked the USA manual, which is only available as a PDF and which probably came with your printer on CD, and it's the same.) :)

3. YaddaMinski thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. that works to correct the cropping issue but then disables duplexing so not a solution for me. Is there any way to tweak the US Letter config file directly? Why doesn't Brother/Apple fix this? Thanks