Brother In Arms : Hells Highway .... mmmm

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Sep 23, 2008.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So I recived confirmation today that this shipped from Asia..

Question is... if it's out pretty much NOW then why are we not seeing reviews?

I'm concerned i've got a turkey in the mail... :(

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

What do you mean? It's a dignified and realistic game celebrating the bravery of the Allied soldiers, complete with the not-at-all exploitative zoomed-in slow-mo decapitations and exploding brains.

What could possibly give you the impression that it's a turkey... :p

When I read a preview of the game a small part inside me died and I remembered why I'm no longer interested in most games being made. :(

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Same. I pretty much have a handful of games that I look forward to these days, usually only from trusted devs. Don't care for the rest, all these Heavy Rains, Mercenaries, party game compilations, yet another first or third person shooter, yet another Space epic but with zombies. :(

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Exploitative is a great way to describe what they've done.

When I watched the video on Shacknews the other week or month, I thought this is really really really bad. When did FPS games become second rate Hollywood action flicks?

Anyways, this game is freaking ridiculous and not why I play FPS games. Sure, I'm virtually killing my friends and the enemy AI, but that's to get through the mission, not to take in this ABSURD GORE like some violence loving connoisseur savoring every SICK moment in time.

UbiSoft! Hypocrites! Maybe they should have made Brother in Armzzzz, it probably would have been a step up.

<]=)

5. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

What system are you talking about?
    If its Xbox360...then go to Teamxbox.com.
    They have a review on their site.

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

mmm pretty average review on Teamxbox.com. and now IGN...

damn why did I pre-order this 'sooooo long' ago. ? Oh well at least I should be able to sell it anfd get my money back..

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Game doesn't look good to me....You might have a dud on your hands. I saw previews of it and I wasn't interested at all.

A lot of people all hyped up for this game.

Bless

8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I haven't played a good WWII shooter in a few years, so I'm actually looking forward to this game..Might have to hold off and wait for Call of Duty 5 though.

9. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I am a HUGE Brothers in Arms fan...and I am going to say there is no problem with this game. The multiplayer is iffy, but give it time. If you get in a good game, it can be really fun.

The single player is incredible...I havent seen anything like this from a game in years. The story is very dramatic and very emotional, the ending almost brought tears to my eyes. The graphics are the best out of any game (yes, CoD4 too) and the gore in also awesome. If you liked the first 2 and the stories and want to know what happens, buy it.

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Warhead says hi ;)

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Uncharted says hi too.....also Gears 2 popped in just to show his face.

Is there an option to turn off the circle health meter above the player(s) head because that looks really strange.

Bless

12. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Yes there is. You can turn off basically anything that you dont like. Gears 2 I am sorry to say (though I am a huge Gears fan) looks the same as Gears 1. I really dont see much of a difference.

13. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Still awaiting delivery but the at least were hearing some positive stuff. :)

14. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

It is a really fun game. If you have played the first two, you will love this. The story like I said is great. And supposedly GBX is releasing a MP patch with some stuff. MP is actually quite fun if you get in a good match with people that know how to command