Brother MFC-7820n scanning through Airport Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by yotoad, Aug 16, 2008.

1. yotoad macrumors member

hello everyone -- i've successfully setup my Brother 7820n with my airport express for printing through my USB port on the Airport Express, but haven't been able to figure out the scanning

i've seen where people have successfully done it, but nobody has explained HOW . . . just wanted to figure this out.

right now printing is perfect, just wondering if i should be using the ethernet port on the Airport Express for scanning and printing? any help would be appreciated!

also, how does one update the firmware on a printer if it's in another room on the Airport Express?

2. yotoad thread starter macrumors member

so i found out that all the Airports don't support scanning through the USB port, so if anyone has this printer, how have you set up the printer via the Ethernet port? i have my Airport Express joining my wireless network, FYI -- do i need to change the AE settings?

any help is greatly appreciated!
    yotoad

3. yotoad thread starter macrumors member

scanning through the ethernet port

well i purchased an airport extreme, set it up and configured the airport express to be a WDS client -- the Brother printer/scanner is printing and scanning through the ethernet port! problem solved, although i had to buy a new router . . .