Brothers Old 3G With Password Needs To Be Unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mchotdog29, Apr 25, 2011.

1. mchotdog29 macrumors newbie

So. My phone got stolen in a foreign country. I never got it back so when I got home I got a new sim and put it in my backup. My brother had his old 3G lying around so he is letting me use it. There is a password and the phone is synched to his computer and not mine. I have tried all the different recovery modes and things, but nothing is working. Is it possible to get the unlock the phone without his computer. I have not put a sim card or anything in it yet, but I am just trying to get it set with all my information before I do that. WHAT DO I DO? I did not steal the phone btw. I was lucky enough to have a spare when mine got stolen.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why can't you ask your brother for the password?

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Ask your brother, and if he forgot, then plug it into his computer it should unlock, and you can restore it without a password. Of course this is assuming you are telling the truth, sorry I'm a little suspicious, because these threads often are someone who stole or found an iPhone and want to use it for themselves.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That would be alot harder than trying every method to restore/recover it I guess:D