Brought iMac, cancelled, brought new one

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ednard90, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ednard90 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I purchased an iMac yesterday online using the Barclays Finance option (went for the 4Ghz, 16GB, 1TB Fusion Drive and 2GB Graphics option (£1999)), however this evening I realised I may as well pay a little extra and get the 4GB dedicated graphics and 2TB fusion drive for the 128GB dedicated SSD, and get 8GB RAM, and just upgrade to 16GB myself as it works out much better value for the future (£2249).

Here's my dilemma. I've just cancelled the first order, however I don't want to place the second order and reapply for the finance as I don't want two loans...now that the first order is cancelled, is the finance agreement automatically also cancelled, or do I need to go through separate avenues to cancel that too?

Any answers would be great so I can get this second iMac order asap! :)

2. Duckling, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015

Duckling macrumors newbie

did you do the finanancing through the Barclays credit card?

3. ednard90 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it was done via the Barclays Partner Finance option available on the Apple website on checkout.

4. Duckling macrumors newbie

I was in the exact same situation two days ago. I also did the Barclays financing option. When I tried to buy the iMac with the right configurations, it was declined because my credit limit from Barclays was not enough for both iMacs, despite having cancelled the first iMac within minutes of placing the order. I called in Apple's customer service, got connected with whatever department is in charge of financing, and explained the situation. The rep put me on hold while they got a hold of Barclays, and made them process the cancellation of the order so that they can put back the credit back so that it would be enough to buy the other iMac. They also assured me that as long as the product is returned within Apple's return policy (14 days) the product will not go into financing. In fact, they told me that the first payment for the new iMac that I bought will probably not be due until January.

5. ednard90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks a lot, I'll try and order the second one now, and give them a ring in the morning anyway to confirm. Thanks for the help.

6. scottish macrumors 6502a

Duckling is talking about a different financing option not available in the UK. Instead of being a credit card like the US option (which can be used for purchases at Apple and elsewhere) Barclays Partner Finance is a fixed term loan.

I reckon you will need to apply for the finance again since you have cancelled your first order, unlike a credit card where it is a simple refund and repurchase with the existing available credit. This may or may not be a problem and it might be worth speaking to BFP about.

Also, Apple UK typically does 0% financing from the end of November in case that's something you want to consider.

7. ednard90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Phew, thanks for replying!

As a note for anyone who was in a similar predicament as me. When you cancel the online order, the finance agreement is also cancelled, as confirmed by the Apple rep on the phone, as well as the Barclays Partner Finance rep also.

I'll wait until the 0% Finance offer comes up in a week or so before re-ordering! Thanks again.