Brown leather skin - full body version?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cman-uk, Oct 29, 2011.

1. cman-uk macrumors regular

Hi all,

I have a white 4S due to arrive without a week.

I think brown and white compliment each other quite well, however does any one know whether a front/rear leather skin is available in brown?

If so, links appreciated.

I can only find rear skins such as the SGP one:

[​IMG]

But a white front and brown rear would look silly, no? Happy to be proven wrong if anyone has pics!! :cool:

2. zacho56 macrumors newbie

Hey there my friend. I did a bit of research and came up with these: http://www.handmadespark.com/myspark/Cohenjar7/83616251/iphone-4s-brown-leather-full-body-skin-kit

http://www.etsy.com/listing/83616251/iphone-4s-brown-leather-full-body-skin

http://www.stickerboy.net/products/leather-series-iphone-4s-full-body-skin

I hope this is what you are looking for. Hope I helped!

Zacho56

3. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I'm actually considering this look as well, but in Black with a Black 4S. It looks very clean and professional. Personally, I think White 4S with Brown looks great. It has a summery feel and look to it. If you notice, in that pic you posted, the person has a gray bumper guard which adds contrast. It works. I don't think it will look good with the brown skin on the back alone by itself.

4. Muscle macrumors regular

Quite the contrary. My gf has the SGP brown leather skin in the back without any bumper/case. Black on brown, IMHO, is a classy color combo.

I have a white 4s myself and went with the "CF" look. Its ok, but contemplating on removing the skin and just go nekked with power support crystal clear front and back.

5. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

No, I didn't realise there was a grey bumper guard present??

Regarding the bit in bold...well, that was the point of this thread. I also think that , and wondered if there was a front version available?

----------

Hey Muscle, do you have any pics of your GF's setup by any chance? That would really really help :cool:. Hope its not too much to ask...

AS for your setup, that is my 'backup' option. Did you go for white carbon fibre or black? You don't appear to be overly impressed with it :( - why so? I'd very much be interested in seeing pics of yours too, especially as you have a White 4s....because most of the pics from online retailers show CF applied to black iPhone 4s' and not white.

Really hope you can post back with images of your & your GF's setup! Thanks in advance :)

6. misterjrw macrumors member

cman-uk

I bought the full body brown leather kit (inc side wraps) from stickerboy (complete with gold apple logo on the rear!) to go with my bookbook.

Have a look at my pics here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13516254&highlight=#post13516254

Hope this helps

Regards

7. cman-uk, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

Excellent, thanks for the reply!

"stickerboy" - is there a website? I'm based in the UK, hence not sure if they'd be obtainable for me...

I take it having the leather on the antenna ring didn't affect reception/performance?

Finally, the 'lip' that is generated by having the leather skin on the front face - how manageable is this and does it annoy you / get in the way when using the phone? I'm especially referring to the two thin bits of leather on the left hand side and right hand side - which most skin companies seem to have got rid of these days by supply a top and bottom part.

EDIT: Is it this place? http://www.stickerboy.net/products/leather-series-iphone-4s-full-body-skin ...and if you were based in the UK [which I'm guessing as you used the £ sign in a previous post], how long did it take to reach you?

Finally, marks out of 10 please? Thanks :)

8. misterjrw macrumors member

Evening!!

Yes, i'm in the UK, and i've bought many a skin kit from stickerboy (octivv on ebay - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Octivv-Stickerboy?_trksid=p4340.l2563).

The pictures on ebay really don't do the skins justice - especially the leather ones. I was a bit wary after looking at the pics so i ordered another style first and octivv threw in a sample brown leather back....it was amazing. Thus i then ordered the full body kit.

There are no reception issues - in fact if you choose version 2 (i think..) the side wrap comes in two pieces, with the breaks at the top next to the 2nd mic hole, and the right hand side near the sim slot. Therefore the 'antennagate' issue will not happen as the leather side wrap goes over the other point (left hand side).

I, like you, was unsure how i would get on with having the small thin side strips in place but fortunately, you get as a bonus, the other variety (just top and bottom). I had no issues with either, but i now prefer just top and bottom. I also stuck mine on top of a screen protector as i'm a little OCD when it comes to protection, BUT BEWARNED - if you do this, they will not come off without ruining them. If you put them on the naked iphone, they can be removed a lot easier (and reused).

Marks out of 10....definitely a strong 9.5 all round - just take your time when applying them, clean the phone thoroughly before hand. If they could combine the screen protector with the skin like the Moshi AG Visor then it would be 10/10.

Oh, nearly forgot. If you choose Plan B when shipping, it will come in approx 2 days as it will come in an envelope as opposed to a cardboard box, and it won't be rigorously checked by customs (with the upcoming Olympics!!).

Regards

9. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot for your reply, misterjrw, really appreciate the detail you have gone into.

I was originally thinking the skins were a little expensive but your feedback is making me think twice...

The dark brown you have really is dark brown, almost black [??] which is great, but the ones on his website are shown to be more 'tan brown': http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPhone-4S-Full-Body-Wrap-Skin-Kit-Dark-Brown-Leather-Stickerboy-/170710043413?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27bf1c8b15

I also find it strange that his website shows black leather available for the 4s but his eBay shop only offers white and brown for the 4s...:confused:

10. misterjrw, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

misterjrw macrumors member

No worries fella, glad to help.

I agree with you regarding the pics on the website, they make the leather look tan in colour, and i didn't want that, wanted dark brown.

I think all in it works out to about £15 and for that you get 2 x side wraps, 4 home buttons, 2 x v1 fronts (with side strips), 1 x back and as a bonus, you will get 1 x v2 fronts (top and bottom) and an extra back (for choosing Plan B shipping) - not bad for £15!!! You can request a free v2 front instead of the back as i did.

Don't hesitate, you will not be disappointed (just watch the install videos before applying, unless you've done many before, like me lol).

Regards

11. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

I take it the flash/camera isn't affected by the presence of the skin? Many people on here seem to report most skins have a negative effect...

12. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

Also, in addition the flash question, how much thickness do you think it adds to the phone if you have a front and rear case?

I'm thinking of going brown for my white 4S, hence would really need the side strips on the front else I would be left with 'random' white bits down the sides of the front. Hmm...

13. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

Have been mailing back and forth 'Stickerboy' over the past few days.

Must say, am impressed with his 'pre-sales' comms, seems like a good guy.

Just making up my mind what to go for before pulling the trigger.

14. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

15. Weirik macrumors member

Lol, Nice!