Browse ATV App List from iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by Gutwrench, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Is there a way I can browse a complete/current list of ATV apps from an iPad?

I'm thinking it would be easier (for me) to review and decide which apps I'm interested in d/l'ing.

(Sorry if this is a rookie question.)

2. PhyrePhox macrumors regular

PhyrePhox

AFAIK there's no way to browse the aTV app list except through the App Store app on the aTV.

3. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

4. hollersoft macrumors member

There is a third party site that shows the top charts: http://www.slidetoplay.com/apple-tv-apps-top-list/

But it doesn't have screenshots, description, ratings, version history etc. so not all that useful for buying decisions. Only the App Store on the device currently has that.

It is fairly mind boggling to me as a developer that they don't at least have a way to browse apps on the web using iTunes. But what can you do.

5. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I agree. Thank you hollersoft.

6. SG94 macrumors member

SG94

I have emailed the people behind the WatchAware site (complete list of every Apple Watch app in every country) to ask if they have considered. Doing the same for ATV.

No response as yet, but will keep you posted.

7. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

That's a good idea and very nice of you. Thank you.

8. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

There's also this site that is curated, vs. listing every single new app (but does have descriptions): http://atvapps.net

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple eventually added an Apple TV section to the iTunes store browsable on any iOS device or computer with iTunes and be able to purchase apps on there for automatic download to the Apple TV. It's something they really need to do.

10. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Definitely, it's such a missed opportunity thT we can't browse the stores for all Aplle devices on all of the other devices. At least the handsets and iTunes on a computer anyway.

Never know when the notion might take us to have a look for certain apps and get them installed remotely for when we want to use them.

11. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

The related bit that astonishes me is that pages for apps in the AppleTV App Store don't include video as well as screenshots - on the canonical device long associated with displaying video, the TV. It would definitely help in explaining what an app can do.

12. Sakurambo-kun macrumors 6502

Sakurambo-kun

Sadly that site now appears to be abandoned.