Browse different windows panel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sphuyal, Jul 31, 2009.

1. sphuyal macrumors member

Hi,

I don´t know how to browse/bring up again different sub-panels (small windows) of a program.

I mean...lets say i have safari open. then i click on preferences and a window pops-up. but if i click on safari main window again, the preferences panel runs in background and i have to minimize the safari browser to view it. Is there a way to view such different sub-panels without having to minimize the window??

PS! i know abt cmd+shift+tab thing

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I don't quite understand what you are asking, but here are a few tips:

Command + ` (tilde, above Tab) - switch between windows of the current application.
    Command + Tab - switch between open (non-minimized) windows of all appliations (adding shift will reverse the order of program navigation)
    Command + H - hide the current application and all of its windows (allows it to be still accessible by Command + Tab)

Also, clicking an icon in the dock will bring up an application's windows to the front of the screen.

3. sphuyal thread starter macrumors member

This command is not working for me. I know about other commands.

Let me make clear by an example: I have safari (or anyother app) open then i go to preferences (or tools or view or whatsoever) from the menu bar of the open app. then a window pops-up where you can change the settings. Sometimes i just want to switch between different windows to make changes. So if i have larger window open than the small window (like the pref. panel), the smaller window is not accessible until i minimize all the larger windows.

SO i want to know if there is any cmd or way to do tat

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Yes. what he says works: command+`

Alternately just press the expose shortcut for 'show all app windows'

5. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

which can be user-set by default its f9 i think :) tis under expose/spaces preference menu

PTP

6. sphuyal thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys...yes the cmd+` works... the button was on the other side of my mac than what geoffreak said...