iPad Browse photos on network storage?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rearviewmirror, Oct 31, 2012.

1. rearviewmirror macrumors newbie

I would like to be able to browse the directories on a QNAP NAS that I store photos from my SLR on so I can email them directly from my iPad. With Good Reader I can browse to the NAS (AFP) but I can only see the files by name and their icon, but not a thumbnail image. This isn't practical because there isn't any way to correlate the image to a filename. Is there any app that allows me to browse network file systems and see thumbnails of the images or the actual images themselves without downloading them as I have to do with Good? Plex allows me to view photos on network drives, but I can send them or download them from that application.

Thanks!

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

iExplorer HD says it can view thumbnails from NAS but I have not tried it so I can't verify whether it works well or not.

3. rearviewmirror thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, it does work. I can preview individual files or see thumbnails of the entire directory. I will say it's a bit slow when viewing folders with 8MB SLR pictures, but still better than nothing when it comes to viewing NAS stored photos on the iPad. There is an option to save the photo to the iPad which is good for some minor editing or sharing.

Thanks again!